9.00 am: For the first hour and half I updated my diary, posted emails related to the forthcoming MA exhibitions, and chivvied [read: ‘pushied’] some of those involved in the CD project to respond to a number of outstanding production questions. Then, back into the studio. The Apogee had failed. (It does so, intermittently. The device has been ailing of late.) I hooked up the Focusrite analogue/digital interface in its place.
12.30 pm: A call out to the School, the exhibition, and the final member of my contingent (who also required a mock viva voce):
After a fifteen minute discussion with the DPD courier driver about a lost parcel, my errant equipment was finally on its way to the mender (three days late).
After lunch, I put the new recording set up through its paces using my test configuration of a Stylophone, Skychord Glambox, and the Moog MURF. ‘Stylophonics’ was born (TestStylophonics (15 09 16)). It’s a throwaway homage to Keith Tippett’s All Time. All Time (1982) piano solo.