Today, in pictures:
Some principles and observations derived from today’s engagements:
- You’ll paint best what you’re most interested in. Then, you’ll be most interested in what you paint.
- Problems look more intimating at a distance than they do close up.
- There’s a subject that lies within the subject. Paint that … and nothing else.
- The answer sometimes lies at your elbow. Therefore, look to your elbows often.
- Tutor: ‘It doesn’t matter what I like about your work or where I think it should go’.
- There’s a great danger that art education will become increasingly soft-centred.
- When I give a student the solution to their problem, do I rob them of the opportunity to discover one for themselves, later on?